Monday, 22 October 2012

Tried and tested personal transformation tools that actually work!

We had summer for a few hours yesterday!
It was the first time I'd been able to wade in the water since March,
so I spent a whole hour doing that - it was so lovely, I didn't want to stop.
I was the only one above 10 years of age testing the water,
so it's a good thing I don't mind what people might think of me! ;o)

I received this text message from a close personal friend a few weeks ago:

You must be a good role model! :-D I don't drive and I am not getting rid of 'everything', but I have taken several good steps and received so much positive support from so many people, that I now truly believe I will be able to turn quite a few negative thoughts and emotions into other, better, positive thoughts and emotions. :-D I am proud of myself and proud of the fact that so many people are supporting me! Thank you so much!

If I am somehow the catalyst for this development, that is certainly very inspiring for me - I'll be honest and admit that I think I'm handling my current situation quite well, but I never thought this predicament I find myself in could end up becoming motivational for others. Like I said in my poem, The Things UnsaidI believe the Universe will turn this all to grace. I know the Universe works fast, but I never saw this one coming. The good thing about it is the sort of upwards spiral it creates - my friend was inspired by me and texted me about it, and receiving her text has in turn inspired me. So maybe I should open up a little more on my blog and explain more about the principles I try to adhere to in life; forgiveness, compassion, generosity of spirit and unconditional love.

I thought I would share with you some of the tools that help me cope with the situation I am in; these are the things that have somehow turned me from a separation anxiety-ridden wreck (more on that later) into a woman eager to get on with her life.

First of all, I have to mention the world famous raw foodist, blog pioneer, author and TV host (and SO much more), Shazzie. I first stumbled across her website 8 years ago, and since then I have had the privilege of meeting her several times. She has become a mentor of sorts that I also consider to be a friend. Although she is best known for being world's most dazzling raw vegan, she has also created lots of mind/body/spirit products. The first one I signed up for is Shazzie Speaks, which was a free, inspirational e-mail that ticked into my inbox every morning and helped me make sense of a nonsensical world while setting the tone for a more positive day. After that, I signed up for Shazzie Speaks 2.0, which is the current program. It is also free, but there is also an audio version that has been incredibly helpful to me. Shazzie is a Visionary in Paradise, and so am I these days, as I am a lifetime member of Shazzie's VIP room. I have also got her Divinity In A Box personal transformation kit, which has some absolutely brilliant audios in it that I love listening to when I am out and about (I still haven't managed to work my way through the written exercises - but then again, I am the Queen that reigns supreme in ProcrastiNation, lol!). I love listening to these when I'm walking into town, on the train and when I'm shopping in Tesco - it sends me right into my own little bubble of bliss!

Shazzie is the one who taught me all about being love and beaming love and all the love in between. I highly recommend checking out her products, and since Shazzie Speaks 2.0 is entirely free, it is a good place to start. A lot of Shazzie's products are free, so I recommend signing up to her newsletters as well.

Shazzie is also the one who turned me onto the InnerTalk CDs (by now you will understand why I am so grateful to her!), and she sells them in her online shop Detox Your World. These tracks last for approx. 1 hour and contain positive subliminal messages to help you 'reprogram' your mind. The messages are also printed inside the CD cover and you should read them every now and again so they enter your conscious as well as your subconscious. You can choose between nature sounds or music. The lovely people at InnerTalk also give away some of the CDs for free (being the change they wish to see in the world). I tried a free one (Forgiving and Letting Go) before I invested in other tracks, and boy, do they work. If you live in the UK, you can find the list of free tracks here. If you are in the US, this is the link to the free tracks. Since noticing the astonishing effect Forgiving and Letting Go was having on me, I have tried Healing Emotional Pain, Soaring Self-Esteem (I actually got this one for my ex when he was going through a tough time, but he never listened to it), Concentration, and Ending Procrastination. I like to listen to the Concentration CD when I work. The other day I plugged my iPhone into the speakers and set it to play tracks at random, and suddenly Ending Procrastination came on (I only know this because I checked which track it was - you can't hear what is being said in the background, although occasionally you can hear a very quiet whisper). I figured I would just let it play as I haven't listened to it much yet, and I just ended up getting so much done that day - that is definitely an experiment worth repeating!

Another wonderful free tool is TUT - Notes From The Universe (another great resource I found through Shazzie). These are also daily inspirational e-mails that you will receive in the morning. They are short, witty and wonderful, yet very profound and sometimes scarily accurate for what's going on in your life at the time, even though everyone gets the same message for the day. One of my friends and I sometimes forward our messages to each other along with a short explanation of what it meant to us that day, and we can never quite believe that we actually get the same message. Good old TUT - he always knows exactly what to say!

These tools are what I was referring to in my blog post on Memory when I wrote that I have been working hard on self-improvement over the past few years, without really realising that was what I was doing. It was never a conscious effort, but in hindsight all these things have helped me become a better person, and a stronger person. Stumbling across Shazzie's website 8 years ago has somehow snowballed into a new and improved Neens, and although I am a professional linguist, I am grateful far beyond what I can express with words. As Shazzie says:


We can all transform.
Just ask any passing butterfly what she used to look like.